Friday, October 15, 2004

I need a new job.

So my first post is a vent. I need a new job. My current job is sucking harder than a tornado in a trailer park. It's almost comical to watch my boss (the CEO) and the Executive VP talk about TQM (a term that went out of style years ago and one they wouldn't know the first thing about enacting since they themselves don't practice it) and how a recent and long-overdue application of plain old accountability has suddenly "changed the corporate culture," when it has really only increased sales of a few specific items. It's not as if there has been a change in management or the style in which we are (mis)managed. There's been no paradigm shift. Oh, but in the process, we have "cleansed" our ranks of "all the people who didn't buy in to the new culture." Bullshit. We lost many a good worker and manager this year because they correctly recognized that for all the talk, it was just a different cover on the same tired book.

There are still people in key positions at my company who are content to let others do all the work while they do nothing, only to come back at the end and attempt to take credit for the work they didn't do. I have spent more than five years at this place, bringing my career in this industry to twenty years, and in that twenty years my work has never been less respected, nor has my opinion ever counted for less than it has here. It's time to move on.

One aspect of my job that I really enjoy and that I am extremely talented at executing is voice-over work. I would love to be able to go into work and be paid for talking every day. Now granted, my voice isn't as deep and sexy as this guy's, but I'm no slouch. So if you know any organization that needs voice-over talent, let me know! I'd be deeply grateful. Of course, I also write copy, provide art direction, do event planning...but those things I've done forever, so I'd be more interested in the voice-over talent. But anything that gets me out of this position will work!

2 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, October 14, 2004, Blogger Jess said...

Bokey has a blog! The world will never be the same again.

I hope you enjoy it, honey.

Love you!

 
At 11:03 PM, October 14, 2004, Blogger PatCH said...

Uh-oh, first entry and work rant... Congratulations, and welcome to blogland! Now what's this nonsense about my voice being deep? At least your voice doesn't cause dogs to growl and riase their hackles.

Congrats again, and welcome!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home