Sunday, August 02, 2009

No time to blog...

...but I do have some stuff to say, however. Guests are coming Tuesday - Sunday so I doubt that I'll be blogging while they're here. We're busy cleaning and tidying and planning at this point.

One thing I will quickly talk about was a problem I discovered last week in my tomatoes. Some nasty tomato worms have found their way into our yard and one of them did some major damage to one of my biggest, nicest plants. All within about 36 hours.

They aren't easy to spot on very leafy tomato plants (like mine) because they are the same color as the tomato plant, and since they usually feed at night and not during the day, even harder to see because you have to use a flashlight.


Here's a pic of a tomato worm.

So while I was on the phone with our friend Bob from Kansas the other night, asking him if he thought I had a tomato worm as I described the damage to him, I was out with flashlight in hand trying to see if I could spot one. And I did...it took a few minutes, but I found him, happily munching on my beautiful plant. When I went to pull the bugger off, he held on so tightly that I literally had to yank him three or four times at different spots to get him loose.

Needless to say, he's dead now, but I have found other damage that lets me know he has company that's still around. Crap.

3 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, August 02, 2009, Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

You are the patron saint of tomato plants everywhere. But ew.

 
At 11:56 AM, August 02, 2009, Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

You're having guests? ;)

 
At 12:43 PM, August 02, 2009, Blogger Jess said...

He's dead? What happened to him? Was it unexpected? Poor thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home