Friday, October 22, 2004

Sissyhunt

The worst excuse for a show to come along ever is Bravo's Manhunt. Not only is it one of the dumbest premises ever concocted, but if this is the most gorgeous group of men they could come up with in all of America, we are in serious trouble. A good body does not equal gorgeous, people. These idiots are all about as shallow as a dinner plate, with personalities to match.

The first show had so much whining that it was very easy to swear off future episodes. And if you couldn't figure out which of them was the "plant" in that first show, you didn't need to watch anyway. The real model was definitely the only pretty one of the whole bunch, but living proof that beauty is only skin deep. And even though there was only one boy on the show claiming to be gay, he certainly wasn't alone. Hunter, who blurted out "from the day I set foot on this earth, I knew I wanted to be a male model," was about as butch as Liberace. So I wasn't surprised as I was reading this guy's blog that Hunter has been spotted stripping in a gay bar in Little Rock. Well surprise, surprise, surprise! One would have never guessed.

It's pretty transparent that Bravo is going after the gay market with this show, but Bravo, listen up: most gay men have more discriminating taste than your show gives us credit for, and I for one won't be watching another episode.

3 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, October 21, 2004, Blogger Jess said...

I'm glad you feel that way or I'd have to shoot our TV. :)

 
At 12:53 AM, October 22, 2004, Blogger Michael Vernon said...

Marc: I've only seen the ads at OW's. They don't appeal to me. It all seems so plastic. But, I'm willing to give them a 3rd or 7th or 10th chance. :)

 
At 5:48 PM, October 22, 2004, Blogger Wayne said...

Ha, I knew it. I know Kevin is the 'plant' - he looks like he just walked out of a fashion magazine. But anyway, I like that Paulo though. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home