Sunday, June 29, 2008

And more Powerscourt Gardens...

What is it with you, so surprised that I'm posting so regularly? :P I actually have something to talk about! Okay, so here we go. As usual, you can click on everything to get a larger version.


There was a beautiful walkway through a number of flower types. Let me say that it was full of bees and I am allergic to bee stings, so I was quite nervous. Quite nervous. And I had to pee, so that didn't help.



Not sure what these were, though they look a bit like dianthus. Greg, can you ID it?



Again, not sure what these were, but they were purple...so I had to photograph them, of course!



There were lovely peonies...



...and poppies. I love poppies. No opium jokes from the peanut gallery.



And more beautiful peonies...



...and then there was this stunner. Not yet fully bloomed, I still loved the way it looked. Not only beautiful, but the scent was incredible. This has to be my favorite flower shot ever (that I've taken myself).



The poppies were stunningly red-orange.



I loved these geraniums. Wonder why...?



The were lovely splashes of color everywhere.

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, June 30, 2008, Blogger Wayne said...

and I'm so surprised that I haven't been blogging all that much... Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures. I'm going to use one of them as my computer wallpaper :)

 
At 4:41 PM, June 30, 2008, Blogger Greg said...

Oh, yes, that's definitely dianthus! Good call...and the blue/purple stalks below look like...(oh, damn my brain, I knew the name 'til I started typing)...Ah HA: Delphinium! ( had to visit an online plant catalogue to come up with that one... Always wanted to try the stuff, but I hear it can be annoying.

I hope you *always* have an epi-pen in your clutch of garden tools, dear!

 
At 8:08 PM, June 30, 2008, Blogger Marc said...

Wayne: so THERE you are! Long time no see! Still out here on the Island?

Greg: Ah, yes, delphinium...thanks! One of my friends grew it once and said it very quickly got out of control. I haven't ever grown it. Epi-pen...good idea.

 
At 10:11 PM, July 01, 2008, Blogger A DC said...

i love poppies! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home