Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sad

I'll blog more about the last week later, but suffice it to say for now that I am a little sad, a little depressed. Our guests have left and returned to California and we're missing them. We had such a good time with them, with so many memorable moments crammed into about five days. We had never met in person before this past Tuesday, but blogs, blog comments and facebook posts gave us so much insight into each other that the connection was there before we ever picked them up at the airport.

This past week was one of fun and food (as usual) and I was particularly happy with the way the cooking went throughout the week. A watermelon, mango, and jalapeno salsa that I made up for Friday night's party came out exceptionally, as did the guacamole and the sour cream dip. And the burgers were delicious, prepared by Pua and Marc and grilled to perfection by Jess.

Saturday night, I made some chocolate ice cream in the ice cream freezer and I must say, it was about the best I have ever made.

But now, they have gone, and as I strip the beds, load the washer and clean up the bathroom, I am a little melancholic that our friends have gone and the week went so quickly.

I hope they will return again soon.

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, August 10, 2009, Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

Wow..that was a hard post. I have tears. I miss you too. You have such a way of making your house a home and then opening that home to make someone feel so welcome there. Averie mentioned that after a week of being under the magical umbrella of your culinary art, a Lean Cuisine from the microwave seems like failure. I can only agree.

It was such an easy time being with you. Whenever I say to Charlie that something is "an easy groove" he knows that I mean it as the most ultimate compliment. I don't say that phrase easily. With you and Jess, it applied. I enjoyed the stories we shared and the time just flew by so fast. What happened? I have to save some of what I want to say for my own blog post, because there is much to share and much bragging for me to do. But know that along with the overwhelming joy of a time well shared, I too am sad that it went by as fast as it did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home