Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Mondays suck

What is it about Mondays that makes them so awful?

Mondays typically suck, but this one was particularly bad. Everything that could go wrong did, beginning with my attempt to be good to one of my best employees. Today was her birthday, and I spent about four hours yesterday working on an Italian Cheescake for her. This morning I got up about 45 minutes early so that I could have enough time to make a strawberry topping for it and still have enough time to run by the new house and talk to the contractor. I put the topping on the cheesecake and loaded it into a box which I had lined with aluminum foil. The only thing I can be grateful for in this mess is that I had the presence of mind to do that. I loaded the box into my trunk and headed off for the house. Five minutes later, I am at the house and so I peek into the trunk to make sure everything is good with the cake.

Shit.

The cake has split from the center into about 15 pieces, and not neat pieces, a total mess. Strawberry topping is everywhere.

Shit.

So now I have to go to the store and BUY a frigging cheesecake because I will NOT serve something that looks like this. So I go by the store and spend another $12 to get a cheesecake that looks good but tastes like a store-bought cheesecake.

So this afternoon, when I'm telling them about this little trauma, they all say, "who cares what it looks like? We want the homemade one."

Shit.

I mean, it's nice of them to want what I made in spite of the horror show, but I spent $12 on the crappy cheesecake. Nobody wanted it. It didn't get touched.

The day was all downhill from there.

Fortunately, I get to come home at night and be with my sweetie. That's worth a whole lot. Makes the day much more bearable. I love you, honey.

3 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, February 14, 2005, Blogger PatCH said...

Thankfully, Mondays lead to Tuesday, which lead to Wednesdays, which lead to... Somewhere in that progression, there's a weekend waiting for you. Hang in there! And a cheesecake from you has to be special indeed! Lucky employee.

 
At 7:38 AM, February 15, 2005, Blogger Jess said...

I love you, too, honey. *hug*

 
At 7:16 PM, February 17, 2005, Blogger Tuna Girl said...

Aww. You two. Get a room. Or better yet, get a house. Oh, wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home