Monday, January 24, 2005

Delicious. Oh, and the food was good, too...

On Friday evening, Jess and I were invited to Michael and Anthony's home for drinks and hors d'oeuvres. There were lots of blogger boys there and a few non-bloggers, too.

The company was positively intoxicating and yummy. Among the guests were Patrick, Greg, Rich, Byrne, Famous Author Rob Byrnes, Wayne, Matt, Jase, Wayne (the non-blogger Wayne), and several others whose names or blogs I can't remember. It was a fun evening, even if we did have to leave early so that we could get back to Long Island at a relatively reasonable hour.

The food was good, but I was disappointed that I didn't get to taste Anthony's famous fried chicken that Michael has bragged so much about (that, and his mama's cornbread are two things he won't shut up about, but we've never gotten to taste-though PatCH claims to have tasted the chicken); however, there was a consolation - aside from being quite handsome, Mr. Anthony makes a mean pot of chili. Michael insisted it was Anthony's first try, but it tasted like the work of a pro to me! And the guacamole and salsa that came from a local spot in Spanish Harlem was terrific, too.

Jase gave me a lesson on sushi and sashimi (I eat neither) while I admired his new glasses, which made him look positively dashing (as if he wasn't dashing enough already).

Oh yes, and lest we forget about drinks, there were plenty of choices. I chose to make a concoction of Absolut Citron, OJ, and peach schnapps. It was tasty and accomplished its objective!

There was plenty of witty repartée among the guests. And what else would one expect in a room full of gay men? I actually thought there might be a drunk-dial to Nicole,, but nobody got toasty enough while we were there to claim themselves drunk. Hey Nicole! Maybe next time. You would have enjoyed it, even if you would have been the only female there!

At any rate, it was a great evening. I hope our own housewarming party will be as much fun when we finally get to have it!

3 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, January 25, 2005, Blogger Jase said...

Dashing?! I was going for college-frat preppy with a hint of gay... (well, guess that last point is moot).

Anyway, I do have a blog.. and guess what.. your pictures on it! Let's see if you can find it now.. :)

 
At 1:19 PM, January 26, 2005, Blogger Nicole said...

Oh my gosh -- it's like I'm a permanent fixture in drunk dialing shenanigans! I find that heartwarming, actually. So, yay!

I also find it funny that no-blog Wayne has become entrenched this whole gang, as I think I was there when that connection happened, and we bonded over our New Jersey roots.

 
At 9:39 PM, January 26, 2005, Blogger Marc said...

Jase: So I'm a mindless idiot, no? I had a temporary moment of Alzheimer's on your blog. So, as you can see, I have FIXED you.

Sorry if "dashing" sounds antiquated. You did look preppy, you're right. Scary, I guess I'm sounding my age.

Nicole: Yeah, we think Wayne's great! He's charming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home