Monday, December 06, 2004

Fabulous!

This weekend a number of bloggers got together in the city and the result was fun, fun fun. Saturday, Jess and I got together early for a dinner with Byrne at Brothers' Barbecue, where we enjoyed barbecued brisket and chicken fried steak. Then we headed over to therapy-bar where we met up with Michael, Famous Author Rob Byrnes and Brady (Bradykins), Patrick, Karen, Wayne, Todd, Brian, Matt, Deirdre, Wayne (the non-blogger Wayne) and several others whose names or blogs I can't remember. It was a fun evening, even if we did have to leave early so that we could get back to Long Island at a relatively reasonable hour. Leaving at about 10:45, we hit traffic from the theatre district that gridlocked the city from 8th Avenue to 2nd Avenue along 57th. Just to go seven avenues and 18 blocks south to the Queens Midtown Tunnel took 45 minutes, and then it was another 45 minutes home. Driving in the city sucks, but we didn't have much choice, having gone shopping for light fixtures for the house earlier in the day down in the Bowery.

Then this evening, we met up with Byrne, Brian, Todd, Patrick, and Jere for a nice Thai meal at Wild Ginger, and then trotted on over to Marie's Crisis a couple of doors down, where we again met up with Rob, Brady, and Wayne for drinks around the piano bar and a night of singing showtunes. There were some fabulous voices there and the best of the numbers had the whole place singing "Summer Nights," "Hopelessly Devoted to You," and "That's the Worst Thing I Could Do," from Grease. But there were plenty of other good numbers that were performed, and we will definitely be going back to Marie's again. I see why it's one of Byrne's favorite places. Sadly, we had to end the fun around 8:45 and head home, but it was a fabulous weekend overall and one I will not soon forget!

4 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, December 06, 2004, Blogger Wayne said...

:)

had a fabulous time.

and... I like your pipe :D

 
At 2:15 PM, December 08, 2004, Blogger Tuna Girl said...

How did I miss the fact that you have a blog? It was nice to meet you guys.

 
At 6:42 PM, December 08, 2004, Blogger Marc said...

Wayne: I'm scared to ask: my pipe, or my pipes, as in singing? If it was the former, how do you know? : )

Tuna: Well, we didn't get to talk a whole lot, but yes, I do have a blog, and you found it! Congrats! It's new, though, and it ain't much yet. I'm trying to find a good groove.

 
At 11:28 AM, December 10, 2004, Blogger Wayne said...

YOUR VOICE. Of course.

What do you think of that boy, who sang the slow love songs? Very soothing, ya? :)

I swear, I almost felt the need of pushing him onto the ground and lick his lips.

Songs do make magic happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home