Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The power of suggestion

Most of you who read this blog with any regularity (all three of you) know that I love food: I love making it, I love eating it, I love sharing it. I don't have to make the food to love it...I love eating at restaurants, and at other people's homes. So you would consider it no surprise that I was surfing for recipes on the 'net one night this past weekend and came across a kindred blogging spirit in pinknest. She's a terrific read - be sure to pay a visit. Great pictures, fun writing, and FOOD...lots of food.

Anyhow, today's pinknest post mentioned creamy, cheesy caulifower. So all day long, I've been thinking about cauliflower and how I could eat a whole bowl of it draped in a silky yellow blanket of cheese. (No, not me draped in a blanket of cheese, the cauliflower!)

So when Jess called me to ask what I wanted for the main course, I wssn't sure what I wanted. I just knew I wanted cauliflower. It wound up being a strange meal, as he stopped by Checkers and picked himself up a burger, and a chicken sandwich for me. It was a funny combination of fast food and real food, but it was good, and I got my cauliflower and cheese fix.

Here's the dish:


And here's the aftermath. I shared a taste of the cheese that was left on the plate with Dodger. You think he liked it? (Yes, I cooked in my dress shirt.)


Finding pinknest could be very dangerous for my waistline!

6 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, November 15, 2006, Blogger CoffeeDog said...

Strange vittles indeed :-)

 
At 6:36 AM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Jess said...

For cauliflower, it was lovely. :)

 
At 5:56 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger pinknest said...

hey you! thanks for the shoutout. i LOVE the cauliflower pic! mmmmm. so i ended up making some cheesy cauliflower myself. :) more to come on that.

ps i think i'm going to kidnap your doggie.

 
At 8:57 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Marc said...

pinknest: My pleasure! I guess I passed the power of suggestion back to you...

Hey, no doggie kidnapping. My guy wouldn't like that...especially after what I put him through with taking the cauliflower picture!

 
At 1:38 PM, November 17, 2006, Blogger pinknest said...

lol! did you make him drip the cheese while you photographed? i love such techniques. :)

 
At 9:25 AM, November 18, 2006, Blogger Marc said...

Actually, that's me dripping the cheese while he photographed. I do enjoy snapping photos, but Jess is better at it than I. Don't worry, you will see more of my photos here soon enough!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home