Sunday, December 03, 2006

Hunting in the woods

With the title of this post, you might be inclined to think you had pulled up the wrong blog. Just a play on words, I haven't gone lumberjack on you.

We've been trying to scout a place (any place!) that has firewood at a decent price that will also deliver. The combination is a difficult one! The business of trying to buy the small $7 bundles at the supermarket and carry them home is crazy; the wood isn't always dry enough, plus you would need about three bundles to have a fire that burns nicely for the length of an evening. But places that deliver are hard to find for some reason.

At any rate, we went down to our favorite nursery in Oceanside and found wood that was both suitable and deliverable, as well as a rack that could accommodate the bundle.

At the end of the transaction, realizing that we didn't have any wood for our fire that night, we told we'd need a small bundle of wood. They were nice enough to give it to us for nothing!

So we sat in front of the fire last night and enjoyed the quiet of our library, Jess with his tea and me with my hot chocolate.

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, December 03, 2006, Blogger Jess said...

Nothing like a warm fire on a cold night, with the one you love by your side!

 
At 11:07 PM, December 03, 2006, Blogger Tuna Girl said...

I have forever wanted one of those fireplaces where all I have to do is flick a switch. I don't even care if it has real wood. I'm so afraid of fire that I just use a whole mess of candles in our fireplace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home