Wednesday, February 21, 2007

American Idle

Watching American Idol last night, I have to say that there wasn't a single standout performance by any of the boys. Boring, blah, and downright bad; if I had my way, the boys would all be voted off. Performances that should have been belted were merely crooned. Poor song choices, and one bozo who brazenly performed in bare feet, marked the beginning of what appears to be a bust season for the boys.

On the other hand, tonight's opening performance by Stephanie Edwards kicked ass. Now to see how the rest of them do: I'd be willing to bet that, this year, the winner will be female. The women had the men beat handily, even from the auditions. But let's sit back and see how tone-deaf and shallow America is willing to be!

UPDATE: Okay, having seen the rest of the show, LaKisha Jones is likely the one to beat. I think the final two should be LaKisha and Melinda Doolittle. But there are two others that will give them a run for it: Stephanie Edwards and Sabrina Sloan. Everyone else better get their act together, 'cause these ladies are gonna sweep it if there is any justice at all.

2 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, February 23, 2007, Blogger Cincy Diva said...

I very much enjoyed the beat bax boy Blake Nelson....such a cutey!
Lakisha and melinda Dolittle are my picks altho I am keeping my eye on that Gina girl

 
At 9:49 AM, February 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You kids and your television. I've never watch any of those talent show thingys...who wants a drunken Abdul screaming at you for belching "that's all folks" when I get done with my song?
kb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home