Tuesday, November 04, 2008

America gets it right: President Barack Obama

It's hard to express what I'm feeling right now, but elation would be a good word for it. America has gotten it right. Finally, a president we can be proud of after eight long years of total embarrassment to the U.S. and the world, and an economy in ruin, with a surplus turned into the largest deficit in history.

While I do remain concerned about president-elect Obama's foreign policies, I think his economic policies are exactly what this country needs, and I think that the world will have much more respect for the U.S. with Mr. Obama in the White House.

Good luck, Mr. President-elect. America needs you now. You are fortunate to have a Congress that can really help you accomplish the things you have promised. You have opportunities to change the country for the better with Supreme Court justice seats that will no doubt open during your term. It isn't going to be easy, but the opportunity is there. I hope you make the country proud.

And by the way, John McCain's very gracious concession speech surprised even me, who has been jaded by his absolute spitefulness during this campaign.

3 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, November 06, 2008, Blogger dantallion said...

I'm bittersweet about it - happy that it's President Obama, unhappy that 46 % of the population would still have voted for 4 more years of the same...

 
At 9:44 PM, November 08, 2008, Blogger Marc said...

Dan, I completely agree with you. I thought it would be a bigger margin. That people were willing to vote for the same crap that we've been forced to deal with the last eight years is just beyond me.

 
At 8:27 PM, November 16, 2008, Blogger A DC said...

I was surprised by McCain's gracious speech as well. It was like watching Mr Hyde after 6 months of Dr Jekyll.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home