Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A little time in the garden

So I wanted you to see what's been going on in my garden. I especially wanted Pua, Averie and Caris to see the flowers they just missed when they were here!

So here we go:


This is a collection of flowers that unfortunately wilted just before Pua and the girls arrived. Hydrangea, pink callas, pink glads and purple glads. And yes, this has been photo-manipulated to appear as a painting...but it's still my photo. Click to get the BIG size.


These glads are white with pale lavender trim. The glad in the back is an electric pink with a bright yellow throat. And the pink callas, of course. These bloomed just after Pua and the girls left, wouldn't you know.


These lovely pink glads are called "Video". I have gotten several compliments on them.


A closeup of the lavender-trimmed white glads.


Okay, time for a fun shot from the kitchen. Pua, Averie and Caris enjoy the cupcakes (there were two types: German chocolate and banana).


Purple clematis.


Close-up of pink calla. I love these.


Yet another variety of pink glad that I love. I wish I could remember the name!


I really love the purple "Macarena" glads with the pinks.

That's all for now.

2 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, August 26, 2009, Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

Oh Marc! Wouldn't you know that everything in your garden would POP as soon as we left. But my gosh, they are SO beautiful! As for the three blooms invading your kitchen eating your cupcakes...well, they look a little bit wilted after that long, long day of traveling. But still grateful to have had banana and German chocolate yummies waiting for them!

 
At 1:27 PM, August 31, 2009, Blogger Greg said...

Love the purple glads - what a treat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home