Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Idol chatter...again

Well, if there is any justice, Antonella Barba will vanish from American Idol with her tired attempts at Celine Dion. Absolutely hideous. And while Jordin Sparks had a nice tone, she was flat, flat, flat, and her phrasing was terrible. The judges gave her more credit than she deserved. Yes, she's 17. So was Jennifer Hudson when she was on. I'm not impressed. Leslie Hunt - go home. You are outranked, outclassed, outsung.

Meanwhile, LaKisha, Melinda, and Stephanie proved once again that they were the ones to beat, while Sabrina Sloan turned in a very nice performance in spite of the fact that it wasn't Whitney Houston.

Tonight, Jess, who really doesn't like the show that much, remarked while listening to LaKisha sing Midnight Train to Georgia, "I feel like I'm not watching American Idol." I agreed.

5 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, March 01, 2007, Blogger Cincy Diva said...

You forgot about Gina doing a really great heart. Melinda stole the show tho.

 
At 6:33 PM, March 01, 2007, Blogger Marc said...

Actually, I thought Gina did a pretty good Heart. But I also thought Simon was right when he said that she was easily forgettable. As you just pointed out, the other singers who were terrific made me forget about Gina, whom I actually like.

I could be Simon. From my sofa, I'm about as vicious with the contestants as he is. :-)

 
At 8:46 AM, March 02, 2007, Blogger Cincy Diva said...

Did you see the racy photos of Antonella? They are saying that;s how she got so many votes.

 
At 9:31 AM, March 04, 2007, Blogger Cincy Diva said...

I was very angry that Nick got sent home instead of Sanjaya! He was awful!

 
At 5:42 PM, March 04, 2007, Blogger Marc said...

Cincy: no, I didn't see the pictures of Antonella. I didn't like her from the beginning, so I didn't follow her closely.

As for Sanjaya vs. Nick, yes, that's the unfair and extremely maddening thing about Idol...it's often a popularity contest rather than a talent contest, with people voting for their favorite in terms of how they look or act rather than those who are, in actuality, the best. Nick seems a little cold as compared to Sanjaya, who seems like a crazed happy puppy, and maybe people like that...though I don't know why.

There is no way Sanjaya should have made it through this week. Nick was better than Sanjaya is, or was that night...far better. But I suppose it was inevitable because, to me, the only guy with a vocal range worthy of being in the top three is Chris Sligh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home