Sunday, August 12, 2007

About last night...

It was a fun-but-too-short evening at Loreley, 7 Rivington, just east of Bowery, where we finally got to meet pinknest and several other bloggers for a delightful evening of conversation and some very good German food.

We were off to a little bit of a rough start - I had prepared a bag of goodies to bring to pinknest that included a cookbook, a jar of strawberry preserves I had made, and a pint of cherry tomatoes from my tomato plant. We were a little late getting to the train station so we dashed from the car to make it to the platform. In my haste to get the programmable parking machine paid (it took five tries before it accepted my payment!) I forgot the bag and left it sitting in the car, running to the platform to catch the train. I was so irritated with myself that I almost decided to turn around and go home, but I am so glad I didn't. I have been waiting for 5 months to give her the book, so needless to say, I was disappointed with my extreme absent-mindedness. I'd forget my freaking head if it weren't screwed on.

At any rate, it was great fun finally meeting a kindred cooking/eating spirit in person, and her other half, along with several others who were so entertaining!

The fun began at 8:00, but unfortunately we could only stay until 10:00, since we had to be up early to pick up guests arriving from France this morning at JFK. We weren't ready to leave at 10:00, but since we didn't get home until almost midnight, it was good that we did.

Jess and I are not big on German food, but I was very happy to find some items on the menu that were delicious. And they made a great whiskey sour there.



So, we met pinknest...


And Matt, her other half, who really wanted to watch the Mets game, but entertained us as the musical director for the evening!


And Molly and her other half, Shane (forgive me if I have misspelled or mistaken these names!)Shane had a delightful Irish brogue.


And Brooklyn Bitch and her other half, addROC. addROC is the cook at their place, and from the stuff she has on her blog, sounds like a good one! Visit her blog, you will enjoy reading it.

Those were the people at our table.


There were many more that we only met briefly...


...and some we didn't get to meet at all.


I started with a bowl of roasted tomato soup, which I told pinknest I would have given 3.5 out of 5 breadsticks!


pinknest had some delicious-looking potato pancakes with lingonberries and applesauce.

Okay, I have to finish this post tomorrow - it's bedtime! Sorry!

3 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger pinknest said...

Yay! Good times. It was super meeting you two.

 
At 10:42 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger Marc said...

It was terrific meeting you, too, and we must do it again! And as we said, we would love to have you and Matt out some weekend.

 
At 1:23 PM, August 16, 2007, Blogger dantallion said...

The pictures are great - and the food looks really good. I'll take your word for the 3.5 breadstick soup rating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home