Monday, February 09, 2009

Long time coming

Okay, so I haven't posted in more than a month...and so much has gone on during that month. I had ear surgery last month, and I am still recovering from that. I am really tired of the dry mouth and constantly metallic taste in my mouth that has come with the surgery. It really throws off my sense of taste and I have to drink a lot of water to keep the dry mouth at bay. I hope that it will go away in another week or two. Fortunately, the numbness toward the back of my tongue has pretty much faded. You wouldn't think all this came with ear surgery, but it did, it has, and I hope it doesn't stick around. On the positive side, I can hear in my right ear for the first time in more than 15 years, which is very rewarding.

Jess took this personality DNA test, which I found intriguing since it pretty accurately captured his personality. He found out about it from Will over at Designer Blog. I took the test and found out that I am an "encouraging architect".




On another topic, we have some blogger friends who are just terrific; some of the nicest people we know we have met though blogging. Well, Jess has met most of them and introduced them to me, I can't take credit for many of our blogging friends. At any rate, our friend Byrne, whom we met through a fellow blogger, is a real gem. When he learned of the vandalism at the GLBT youth center we support, he immediately went online to their site and made a $300 donation, and then he was kind enough to approach Joe.My.God to request he post it to his audience, which he did (thanks, Joe!) and many of whom responded with donations as well. Byrne, you're the best. Our friend Puaknitted us some beautiful scarves "just because", which we received in the mail today. Now I can't wait for it to get cold again...and I hate the cold! In spite of things being turned somewhat upside-down for her right now, she took the time to make something nice for us. Nice! Same for Karen, who sent us some nice chocolate chip cookies for Christmas. Yum.

Okay, that's it for now. More in a few days. I'm hoping to post some pictures of the scarves that Pua made for us.

4 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, February 10, 2009, Blogger Tuna Girl said...

I've met some of the best people thorugh blogging too. It's just so...nice.

I'm glad you're healing well. It took me almost a full year to get all the feeling back after my jaw surgery (especially in my tongue) so I think you're doing great.

 
At 9:19 AM, February 11, 2009, Blogger pinknest said...

oh i hope your recovery goes well and that you sense of taste comes back in full force!

 
At 10:15 AM, February 13, 2009, Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

You know, when I had my wisdom teeth extracted, I didn't get full feeling back on the left side of my face (including my tongue like TG) for almost six months! Weird.

Glad you're on the mend and how exciting the hearing is returning! Now you can really hear when the pups are asking for PB Cake and Whoopie Pie.

I took the test too. It turns out I'm an "Empathic Architect". I guess my Super Hero suit isn't too far off. :o)

 
At 3:29 PM, March 02, 2009, Blogger Mark Floyd-Thaut said...

I hear you when it comes to meeting some great people. It's why it was so hard to end my blog last week. So many memories and so many good people.

Hope your recovery is quick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home