Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

Well, it was a quiet New Year's celebration here. Our friends Matt and John and Jeff came over to enjoy some food and spirits. We were hoping for TunaGirl to join us since she was in the city, but she wasn't feeling well so no Tuna visit. Hopefully next trip.

Jeff made sour apple martinis to kick things off. I made a chicken enchilada casserole, and a salad with a southwest chili-ranch dressing. Jess made his famous corn and sour cream salsa and I made cheese dip to go along with an assortment of chips as an appetizer.

Matt brought his fabulous chopped liver and I was very excited about that!

Jess and I had made several candies over the course of the holiday season, so we brought those out: peanut clusters, cashew clusters, Cherry Mash bars, cashew brittle, January Thaw, and peanut butter-chocolate layered fudge.

The sour apple martinis took their toll: the gallon of eggnog that I made that I had no room for in the upstairs fridge wound up in the downstairs fridge, and that was the last it was seen of for the night. I mentioned it once to our guests during the evening and then didn't think about it again until the middle of the night, when I woke up and realized it had never come out of the fridge. Damn, damn, damn!

But, oh, well, it was a fun evening. We sat by the fire and enjoyed some fun conversation, then retired to the front room, where we watched the laugh-a-minute, ultra-campy Drop Dead Gorgeous before finally tuning in to a minute or two of New Year's Rockin' Eve to see how Dick Clark was faring...instead, we really only heard him...but we saw enough of the perenially bubble-headed Mariah Carey to last us for the next 20 years: she kept trying to pull her hair out of the way to show us her boobs, which were practically falling out of her dress. It was very obvious that she was working hard to make them the stars of the show. *What*a*SLUT!* She was the REAL boob. We quickly switched to New Year's Eve with Anderson Cooper to watch the perenially sexy Mr. Cooper ring in the New Year.

The night quickly came to an end with the tolling of the midnight bell...the guests had to drive back home and we were tired from all the prep, so Matt and John hit the road and Jeff, Jess, and I headed to bed. We were all wrapped up by 12:30. How boring is that?! Oh well, it was fun, nonetheless.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, January 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dick sounded like hell, but you have to give him credit for showing up so soon after his stroke. And Mariah, what a horse! I can't friggin' stand that skank. Now that's very nice knotty. I would like to try that lovely dress on of hers. I'm sure I could fill it out better.
kb

 
At 4:37 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Tuna Girl said...

Awww. It sounds like I missed out on some great food! I think I ate three of Patrick's Grandma's cookies that night. *pout*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home