Friday, April 21, 2006

McNugget musings

Okay, I'll admit it. I like McDonald's Chicken McNuggets since they switched back to all white meat. I suppose there are some of you out there who are closet McNugget fans, too. How can I, the gourmet cook, like anything from McDonald's? That's a topic for another post.

Anyway - as you know, McNuggets aren't randomly chopped pieces of chicken (gasp!) they are chopped and formed into nugget shapes (for shame!). One of those is shaped like a boot, another is just kind of rectangular - there are about four shapes in all. At any rate, the other day, they were running a special on McNuggets, so I was lured in. I wasn't happy with what I got. The McNuggets didn't taste quite right. As I pored through my McNuggets looking for the boot, I coudn't find it. Could it be that McDonald's has forsaken "all white meat" once again? I looked on the box that they came in, it now just says "made with white meat". It used to say "made with all white meat".

I think McDonald's is up to something.

I also think that the one person to help me figure this out probably isn't reading me anymore since it's been alomost two months since my last post. Oh Tuna, are you out there? (I would never accuse Tuna of eating McNuggets, but she has two kids...and kids eat McNuggets...so maybe the Tunakids know.) I hope she has me on her Bloglines notifier list!

Speaking of the two months thing, sorry about that. I will try to be more regular. Work has been a real downer lately, and all I want to do when I come home is veg.

2 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Tuna Girl said...

Hey!

Actually, yes! I have noticed that McDonald's has gone back to the old yucky McNuggets. In fact, my kids won't eat them anymore (which is good considering our new healthy lifestyle).

But, they have new chicken strips which are really good. Not that I'd ever eat those. Nope. We have a new healthy lifestyle here.

By the way, you could send my an e-mail. ;-)

 
At 6:04 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger MzOuiser said...

Mm. McNuggets. One of those things I don't like people to know I actually eat. Like KFC and Chalupas.

God, I feel so dirty. Greasy, even.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home