Saturday, June 16, 2007

Eating well is the best revenge

Those who have visited our home know that you definitely do not go away hungry.

This weekend, Jeff is visiting, and we are cooking. And drinking (naturally!). We started off Friday night making a pitcher of Sangria. The best Sangria.

Saturday morning, I made omelettes with braised spinach, leeks, and bacon (turkey bacon), with muenster cheese.

Saturday evening for dinner, we batter-dipped and then deep-fried shrimp, which we had butterflied. They were served with home made cocktail sauce and tartar sauce. I had shelled some green peas, then boiled them with new red bliss potatoes and creamed them with butter, flour, and half-and-half. Corn-on-the-cob rounded out the menu.

We ran out of Sangria just before dinner, so we made another batch. Whomever came up with the idea for Sangria was a genius. It's one of my favorite drinks.

For dessert, I dropped some fresh Long Island strawberries we had purchased earlier in the day into a pie shell and glazed them. We drowned it in freshly whipped cream. It was wonderful.

Today, we'll probably have a broccoli quiche for brunch. And I will have gained another 10 pounds.

I love having company, and I love cooking. Probably a little too much.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, July 11, 2007, Blogger bigislandjeepguy said...

I'm sorry, but you cannot say you have the BEST sangria, and then not give the recipe for it.

:)

 
At 7:01 PM, July 15, 2007, Blogger Marc said...

Hello C,

You're absolutely right. Find the recipe here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home