Monday, August 13, 2007

About last night...(part 2)


So we talked of many things in our short little visit. We talked cameras...pinknest had just gotten a new one after testing several models. She was showing Molly how to adjust the lighting conditions setting, since both had Sony cams.


While everyone was talking cameras, I was showing off my newly cleaned-out refrigerator, which I just happened to have a shot of on my camera; I was planning to post it here in a post about cleaning up, but I'll put it in here since it's relevant. It was a funny moment. "That's cleaned up?!" pinknest exclaimed. She doesn't know that I am the world's biggest condiment hound! Those of you who know my refrigerator know that this is indeed clean! And you can shut up now. :)



pinknest was also telling us about her recent New York Times find: a recipe for cold-brewed iced coffee. She was telling us how terrific it was. So I went home and made some. Wow, was she ever right. Fabulous. Rich. Not a hint of bitterness. You have to try it!



BB & addROC enjoyed some appetizers, one of which was a plate of fries...a BIG plate of fries. Those looked fabulous. But starches and me are not always good friends, and since I would be eating some past later with my meal, I forgo trying one.



They also tried this sausage appetizer. Very Germanic!



Molly and Shane had this appetizer; I wasn't sure what it was, but it looked interesting. And of course, served with the obligatory lingonberries. And beer. There was lots of beer.



I ordered the Huhn Paprikash as my entree. Chicken in a tomato, cream, and paprika flavored sauce with roasted onions. It was delicious, but Jess thought it needed something. More salt might have been good. The pasta that accompanied it was buttery and lightly seasoned, though I couldn't identify with what; it was delicious, and I was tempted to eat every bite. But then I thought of what starches do to me, and I stopped about two-thirds of the way through.

Okay, I have to go now. Our French guests are preparing to go into the city, and I am going with them today. So we are off to the train.

5 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, August 13, 2007, Blogger pinknest said...

that fridge photo was quite hilarious! you are a condiment hoarder!!

 
At 10:48 AM, August 15, 2007, Blogger pinknest said...

ps try using hawaiian kona coffee. it's so good! you can find it online or the porto rico company has it in their stores.

 
At 11:03 AM, August 15, 2007, Blogger Brooklyn Bitch said...

Motivating to clean my fridge is almost as hard as motivating to clean my bathroom. Kudos.

 
At 1:27 PM, August 16, 2007, Blogger dantallion said...

I don't think I've ever seen so many sauces and such in one fridge in my life. In fact, I didn't know there WERE that many different kinds of condiments. Do you even know what to DO with all of those? :)

 
At 5:26 PM, August 16, 2007, Blogger Michelle Ann said...

I can TOTALLY relate to the condiment thing... When I "clean" out my fridge, I still can't get anything in it. I think it's completely reasonable to have 20 different kinds of mustard. Any civilized person would. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home