Saturday, November 03, 2007

Okay, I promised...

I promised I would give the recipe for my crab cakes, and so here it is. I also promised another recipe, but it will have to wait...too busy today to blog for more than a minute. Pinknest expressed some skepticism over fried vs. broiled. Believe me, these are terrific without being fried!

Fresh crab is best, but if that's not available, canned crab meat can be used - however, I only recommend the canned crab meat that's in the refrigerated section (I personally like Byrd brand - they have an all-claw meat version).


Fabulous Crab Cakes

1 pound crab meat, in chunks (do not shred)
1 1/2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, optional
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg
1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
ΒΌ c. chopped scallions
1/8 c. chopped red bell pepper (finely chopped)
1 T Old Bay Seasoning
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 dash hot pepper sauce

Preheat oven broiler. Mix together crab meat, bread crumbs, parsley, seasoning, salt and pepper. Beat together egg, mayonnaise, hot sauce and mustard. Combine with other ingredients and mix well. Form into patties (use a 2/3 cup measure, and flatten slightly with fork) on a lightly greased broiler pan or baking sheet. Broil for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly brown.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, November 05, 2007, Blogger pinknest said...

ooh excellent! this sounds easy enough and scrumptious. i wanna try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home