Sunday, December 16, 2007

Make the most of it

Yesterday, I received news that a good friend of mine from Kansas had died of a massive heart attack. He was my age, 48. Though he had been quite overweight for several years, and battled high cholesterol, it still came as a shock to me, and it has been on my mind yesterday and today. Just two weeks ago, I came across the obituary of a friend I had worked with while in Wichita; she was just 54.

Then tonight came the news that singer Dan Fogelberg had died this morning, at just 56, having lost a battle with prostate cancer. Again, shocking. I remember when his first big single "Longer" was released...his music was a big impression on me in high school and college.

It is overwhelming and sobering that these people left us at such a young age. Make the most of life, my friends. We don't know how long we have.

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, December 17, 2007, Blogger Cooper said...

Marc, I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It's good to be reminded of the importance of cherishing the beauty of our daily moments. These are truly what create our lives.

*hugs*

 
At 10:58 AM, December 19, 2007, Blogger dantallion said...

What Cooper said.

AND what copper did.
*Hug*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home