Tuesday, November 13, 2007

On vacation

So, no blogging this week to speak of...we're on vacation in southern California, where the weather is spectacular every day. We flew in on Friday night and attended a bar Mitzvah on Saturday in San Diego. Monday, we drove to Long Beach for the ferry ride to Santa Catalina Island, twenty-six miles off the California coast, and are staying in the most spectacular bed & breakfast I have ever seen. It's at the top of Mt. Ada and overlooks Avalon Bay. It's called The Inn on Mt. Ada. Visit their site to see the house; I will also post pictures when we return. Not only is the view amazing, the accommodations are too, and the food easily topped any we found in the village.

We have to leave tomorrow to go to La Jolla. I'm a little bummed. I love this place more than about any place I have ever vacationed. Anyway, that's all for now. More to come when we return.

2 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, November 14, 2007, Blogger Brooklyn Bitch said...

Jealousy. Do post pictures...and do you have any more of Portland besides the few gems you posted? I've been looking at a lot of random Portland photos on the net...but, I haven't gotten that local feel yet....

 
At 8:53 AM, November 15, 2007, Blogger pinknest said...

oh you're in california!!! how awesome. i so wish i was there, too. i hope you're taking some food photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home