Saturday, December 08, 2007

More holiday treats

Okay, so I have gone a bit nuts in the kitchen this week, trying to cram in all the holiday candymaking that is necessary so that Jess and I have enough to take in to our respective offices, as well as some for friends and some for people like our barbers and other people we know.

Jess has helped me with cashew brittle and nut clusters, and we still have a few things left to do. But you can see by the plate here that we have a pretty good start on things. And yes, the granite is that blue...the photo isn't retouched.


Counterclockwise from bottom center: cherry bon bons, gingered oatmeal raisin cookies, coconut dreams, cashew brittle, cashew clusters, chocolate peanut butter chip cookies, spicy pepper peanut brittle, fudge.

Happy Chanukah if that's the holiday you're celebrating this season!

5 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Brooklyn Bitch said...

Um. Insane. That looks so amazing. I am VERY impressed. I was on a butter cookie high, and tonight I think it's time for some oatmeal lace!
But, seriously Marc, that plate is stunning, and no doubt tasty.
I wish I could have a bite!

 
At 7:42 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Marc said...

BB: Thanks! It's a lot of work, but people just love it, and I love getting the reactions from them as they moan and oooh and ahhh!

 
At 11:16 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger pinknest said...

wow, you did it! and it all looks so professional and delicious! i love brittle. i made a ton myself.

 
At 8:40 AM, December 12, 2007, Blogger dantallion said...

I'm genuinely impressed, Marc. Absolutely delicious looking. Better than anything I've seen presented at a gourmet shop

 
At 10:45 PM, December 13, 2007, Blogger Marc said...

pink: thanks so much! I love brittle, too.

Dan: that's so nice of you to say!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home