Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, 2007 has passed and we're into a new year - and hopefully 2008 will bring better things than 2007. We started off the year with a productive day, and hopefully there will be more of those than in 2007, too.

After hosting friends for New Year's Eve, we had some cleanup work to do in the morning, and we did that. Then the year got off to a very productive start: I made a spicy Tex-Mex chicken casserole and a 9 x 13 casserole-sized chicken pot pie. From scratch. While I was doing that, Jess gave each of the three doggies a bath, something they hope doesn't happen more often in 2008! Of course, if we were able to, and it was less trouble, they'd get baths more often, but they despise it, so it's just as well, I suppose.

One big resolution for this year is to clean out the garage and the furnace room, both of which have been packed with junk for about three years. I hope we succeed.

As I get older, my New Year's resolutions and wishes become more and more like those of my parents. What's your New Year's resolution?

4 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, January 02, 2008, Blogger dantallion said...

To learn how to make a spice tex-mex chicken casserole, I think! Sounds amazing.

Happy New Year, Marc!

 
At 2:33 PM, January 02, 2008, Blogger pinknest said...

happy new year to both of you guys!! my new year's resolution is to get an espresso machine. does that count?

 
At 7:46 PM, January 02, 2008, Blogger Marc said...

Dan: I'll post the recipe here soon.

pinknest: hey, I say coffee counts! you get that espresso machine!!!

 
At 12:49 AM, January 29, 2008, Blogger Keywest said...

The chicken was a big hit. Thanks for sharing. My resolution? To be intentionally kind to people who bug the heck out of me. I think the world needs more kindness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home