Saturday, March 15, 2008

New ride

Well, I finally got the car I've been waiting years for. Today I traded in my 2002 Toyota Camry XLE for a Volvo S80. It not only rides beautifully, it handles better than anything I've ever driven; well, except Jess' S80. In fact, his S80 and my recent promotion are the principal reasons I decided to go car shopping.

Now, I didn't intend to buy the same car Jess had when I went to shop. I was actually looking at the C70 hardtop convertible, which would have been a totally guilty pleasure, and I was almost prepared to get it...almost. But then when the salesman began discussing all the incentives that were available on the S80, which is the top-of-the line Volvo sedan, and told me I could get it for $160 less per month than the C70 due to all those incentives, well, my practical side came around very quickly. I knew the S80 and knew I loved it. I had test-driven the C70 and had two complaints: 1) the ride was significantly stiffer than the S80's ride; and 2) I couldn't find the perfect sitting position in it. I tilted and telescoped the wheel, I adjusted the seat up, down, back and forward. No combination of seat and steering adjustment gave me a super-comfortable driving position. And I am not buying a car if that comfort's not just right. So I went for the S80...in Willow Green. And I'm very happy I did!

7 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, March 16, 2008, Blogger Cooper said...

Congratulation, Marc! Beautiful. Love the colour, too. Have you named her, yet?

 
At 1:35 PM, March 17, 2008, Blogger Michelle Ann said...

A hot car is always the perfect accessory!

 
At 8:42 PM, March 17, 2008, Blogger Shenida Weave said...

I just bought the 2008 Volvo XC70 back in December... looks exactly like yours on the inside, but is a bit more scruffy looking ;) Congratulations for you!!! I SOOOO love my Volvo... glad you love yours too!

 
At 2:54 PM, March 18, 2008, Blogger dantallion said...

Really beautiful, Marc. Congrats! I love the pewter colour - it suits it perfectly.

 
At 2:24 PM, March 19, 2008, Blogger pinknest said...

lookin good! congrats! i imagine you will now install a blacklight, right?

 
At 10:43 PM, March 22, 2008, Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

Whoa...that's a move up in any direction.

 
At 11:03 PM, March 22, 2008, Blogger Marc said...

Coop: no name yet...have to think about it for awhile.

Michelle Ann: well, I don't know if it's a hot car, but it is a great car!

Shenida: gurrrl, you drive that XC70! That is so butch!

Dan: thanks!

pinknest: thanks, but a blacklight...for what?!

Tanya Kristine - thanks! I love it! And it was such a good deal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home