Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dan, Dan, Dan...

Thanks to my blogosphere friend Dantallion for tagging me with a meme. If he weren't so handsome and charming, I'd have to think twice. But I like having handsome and charming guys indebted to me. :-)

Here are the rules:

-Link to the person that tagged you.
-Post the rules on your blog.
-Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
-Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
-Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

(I'm not doing the last two. I'm stopping the madness here.)

Okay, so here we go:

1) I am a list-maker. You will find lists all over my house and at my office. I can't seem to get anything done without one. Of course, list-making isn't perfect. If I skip to a new page and start making a new list, I have to remind myself to review the prior pages' lists or otherwise, things fall through the cracks. It took me four days to respond to this meme request because it didn't go on a list.

2) Selfish drivers annoy the hell out of me - to the point that I'd like to design/patent a battering ram device to smack them when they do positively stupid things on the road. They are the ones who pull in front of you on the street or highway and then immediately slam on the brakes and make the next turn or exit, and do so as if their transmissions suddenly filled with molasses. They pull far enough out into roadways from parking lots and sideroads so as to endanger those drivers who HAVE the right-of-way because they apparently need a telescope to see the oncoming traffic. They babble and text on cellphones while endangering all other drivers around them by driving too slowly or not paying attention to things like, oh, say, traffic lights (because they can't think and talk at the same time). They cut across traffic and inconvenience forty other drivers waiting at an intersection because they "need" to make a left turn because they are too lazy and inconsiderate of others to go to the next possible point to turn and do so safely.

3) I hate beer and I am not that fond of wine; I skipped those and went straight to hard liquor. My favorite brands are Ketel One and Chopin vodkas, Patron Silver tequila, and Canadian Club whiskey. You would never go wrong buying one of those brands for me (hint, hint).

4)I have trouble finding time to file things because it is so time-consuming. Hence, my office is often a mess. But I know where to find things and I frequently impress/surprise coworkers when they ask about something and I am able to pull it from the midst of a stack with very little sifting. Consequently, when I do file, it can throw off my "balance" for weeks.

5) I am too detailed in conversation, but I can't seem to help myself. I add too much detail to a conversation explaining the nuances of why I chose a particular action or why a certain thing was done a certain way. It's a good thing I am married to someone who understands this habit and is as bad about it (or worse) than I.

6) I am obsessive about toilet/bathroom cleanliness. When I go to someone else's house, I notice whether or not the base of the toilet is clean...a pretty good standard to judge the rest of their cleanliness standards by.

4 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, January 26, 2008, Blogger dantallion said...

Ok, ok...never ever again will I tag people with a meme lol

#2: I couldn't agree more.

#3: Very good to know!

Thanks for indulging me, Marc. :)

 
At 1:54 PM, January 28, 2008, Blogger Jere said...

What kind of office do YOU work in? You have to do your own filing? Where are the assistants, interns, and temps who do the filing everywhere else in the universe?

This is way too time consuming for the bigwigs, top bananas, grand hoo hahs, and all the generally important people.

If your filing is piling up, you need a better assistant. :)

 
At 9:52 PM, January 29, 2008, Blogger pinknest said...

you're so funny with your clean toilet-base test! and i love making lists, too.

 
At 5:51 PM, January 30, 2008, Blogger Michelle Ann said...

We have much in common...I too make lists, love vodka and hate selfish drivers...

Just don't look at the base of my toilet...for I am the mother of two dogs with a penchant for shedding...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home