Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Follow-up to Mac the Knife

Well, wouldn't you know it...this past weekend, I was working in the kitchen with the Mac knife and sliced of the end of my thumb, along with part of the nail. And I was doing so well...

Speaking of this past weekend, Jeff was out, which is always fun, and he mixed up some killer Key West martinis that I just loved. On one batch, he got particularly inventive, throwing in some Monin cherry syrup to make a cherry limeade martini that was probably the best drink I have ever had. I could have drunk a pitcher of them.

At any rate, I did some gardening. I planted my five EarthBoxes with peas, three kinds of tomatoes, bell peppers, cilantro, basil, and rosemary. One of the boxes already has three stands of chives in it that are eight years old, which are blooming now.

And I am looking forward to getting some peaches this year from my elberta peach tree that I planted last year.

3 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Michelle Ann said...

Well, at least you got it out of the way and "christened" the knife. It had to happen...

 
At 1:15 PM, May 02, 2007, Blogger dantallion said...

And of course when all those veggies and herbs are ripe for picking, you're going to invite me over for a full course, fancy dinner - for purely instructional purposes, of course...you can teach me the proper way to wield the Mac65... lol

 
At 9:11 AM, May 04, 2007, Blogger pinknest said...

i am JEALOUS of your earthboxes!!! jealous, i say. and of your martinis. carry on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home